The Climeworks Direct Air Capture Summit is back!
Since 2020, the Direct Air Capture Summit has brought together key players of the direct air capture and carbon removal industries and has become a space that inspires, connects, and most importantly, empowers people to act. This 4th edition will be no exception.
This 2023 summit edition will focus on ‘Advancing high-quality carbon removal solutions’. Our full-day event will put the spotlight on the science and economics of carbon removal solutions like direct air capture technology, the roles of corporations and governments in the voluntary carbon market, the importance of environmental justice, as well as how to set the highest possible standards for the industry. We will dive into key notions such as storage permanence, community engagement, costs and energy requirements, among many others.
Direct Air Capture Summit 2022
We have put together a line-up of some of the most inspiring and knowledgeable people in the direct air capture space, and more broadly in carbon dioxide removal and sustainability, for a combination of insightful and inspirational keynotes, panels and conversations.
We are thrilled to reveal the first list of the Direct Air Capture Summit 2023 speakers and moderators!
- Anca Gurzu, Cipher
- Anu Khan, Carbon180
- Christian Braneon, Carbon Direct
- Christoph Gebald, Climeworks
- Claire Nelson, Columbia University
- Erin Burns, Carbon180
- Eve Tamme, Climate Principles
- Giana Amador, Carbon Removal Alliance
- Greg Nemet, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Helen Bray, Puro.earth
- Howard Herzog, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- James Mwangi, Africa Climate Ventures
- Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks
- Julio Friedmann, Carbon Direct
- Marcius Extavour, TIMECO2
- Mischa Repmann, SwissRe
- Na'im Merchant, Carbon Removal Canada
- Natalia Dorfman, Kita
- Noah Deich, Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management, U.S. Department of Energy
- Prof. Lord Nicholas Stern, The Grantham Institute
- Rachel Delacour, Sweep
- Rich Lesser, BCG
- Simone H. Stewart, National Wildlife Federation
- Ted Christie-Miller, BeZero Carbon
- Ugbaad Kosar, Carbon180
We are honored to be able to bring together the contributions of these speakers and moderators, and look forward to welcome our guests on June 6th 2023 in Zurich and online. You can still join us virtually by registering today.